Thursday, April 05, 2007

No news is good news

Just another Thursday and not much to report. Definitely been a quiet week and i think I have mostly tried to get caught up on sleep. I am definitely not 24, when I used to rage all weekend long and bounce right back :( My body lives for the quiet weekends now :)
This afternoon we are meeting with our real estate agent to talk about our home search. She got us started on receving email updates on various places based upon our desires and we also met with a mortgage broker. Which was very helpful and very depressing :( We thought we could afford something more but unfortunately we cannot. We want to maintain the standard of living that we already have and be able to save money for trips and babies :) So I am hoping when we tell her what we are actually going to be able to afford, I am hoping that we can find something in that price range. The real estate in CA is outragous! I can't see us downgrading to a one bed one bath when we are renting a two bed two bath. hmmph!
Tonight we are headed to Angels and A's game. E is a huge A's fan so of course like the good wife I am, I jumped on that bandwagon! So the two of us and a co-worker of his and his girlfriend are meeting us here and we are heading to the game. E is going tomorrow night and then the two of us are going saturday night with more people! E and I were high fiving last night that we actually are hanging out with people that could become our FRIENDS and they actually live in OC. Most of the people we know live in LA is it is rough drive and so you have to really plan out what you are doing if either of us want to make the drive.

Good weekend ahead, I can just feel it!

3 comments:

Platinum Rose said...

Best of luck on the house hunting! That can be really stressful, I am sure! It will hopefully be worth it in the end though. Have fun at all those games, and have an awesome weekend!

laurenjean said...

heather-
its nice to 'meet' you!!!!! thanks for requesting to stay a part of my insanity - and you are more than welcome into my humble web home at any time!
the market in MA is horrible to - part of my rare mood lately as aric and i are trying to refinance.
yeah for baseball season! keeping true to the home team, i am a huge red sox fan!!!! although we pay our japanese pitching 'sensation' way too much, at least ther is baseball on the tv now :-)

well - i hope you have a great weekend and i will be keeping up with you and eli! take care!

Trish J said...

Hey!

I finally got all caught up on your blog. We are sort of in the same boat, housing-wise. We are in North Jersey in the NY-metro area. Possibly the only housing market that even comes close to CA on the insanity scale.

We rent, but are already looking for a place we can buy when our lease is up in February.

Good luck to you!