Last night, we grabbed dinner at this Thai food place E has been chattering about for the longest time. I have to admit it was really good. We came back, curled up on the couch and watch the Oakland A's and Anaheim Angels play. We went to the game on thursday night and I had no idea what a rival these two teams have. You can just feel the energy in the stadium. Thursday night the A's won! WAHOO!!, last night they did not.. BOOHOO! Both nights were such great games, total nail bitters and even sitting at home there was that energy. Tonight we are off to the game..again! This time around, we have managed to get a crew to go with us. We have a couple that Eli works with at Southwest and their neighboors. And we included our realtor and her husband. They are about the same age as us and when we got together with her to talk about our housing woos, we got on the subject of baseball and I extended an invitation for her and husband to join us and they did!! YAY!!! So we are all going to meet up around 4pm to start tailgating and the game starts at 6:05pm.
Speaking of our realtor, we met with her on Thursday afternoon. She seemed to think we will be okay in terms of finding a place within our price range. I love that she has a total chill attitude about it. We are starting very early ( our lease is up at the end of October) and she gets it that we have time and she wasn't totally appalled at our price range :)
Tomorrow I am going to make a brisket in the slow cooker. E and I are feeling like bad jews since we were not able to have a passover sedar last monday and tuesday (e works nights those days) So when he gets off work at 830pm tomorrow night, we will have Matzo Ball soup, brisket, charozet, matza, all the yummy food that a passover sedar has.
Here is a picture from chicago last saturday night. The middle girl is my friend lindsay who just turned 30. We were wet from getting caught in a torrential down pour as we were trying to get into the bar.
1 comment:
Lindsay, you look FAB! I will be in Chicago in May and I cannot wait to see the old gang! Owen and Steve are coming too!
Post a Comment