Monday, April 16, 2007

Celebrity..what???

It was another crazy, hectic and very fun weekend. Friday night, Eli did his first night flight and ended up getting all of his hours in that are required for night flying. He is now up to 25 hours! To get his private pilot's license he needs 40 so he is a little more the halfway there! Saturday we got up, headed to the airport to fly up to the bay area for a wedding. The wedding was nice, the bride and groom looked so happy. There were a couple of mishaps...two bridesmaids fainted. One during the ceremony and the other afterwards. Both were okay. The reception was at a beautiful country club in Berkeley. The view was amazing! As the reception went on, it seems as though I was the only one who was enjoying the open bar. As a result, I became chatty Kathy! I think my solitude in OC has caught up with me b/c anyone that I could have a conversation with, i did and I kept talking and talking...oye!

Sunday the A's were playing the Yankees. We managed to score tickets and made a mad dash to the game. The seats were amazing! The day was amazing and the best part is that the A's won in the bottom of the ninth inning, 2 outs and two men on base and marco scurato hit a 3 run walk off home run to end the game! After the game we headed to the airport to catch our flight back down to Orange County. As we were walking, a guy behind us was chatting us up. I had my Nick Swisher http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=430897
tee shirt on and the guy was like, you guys big swisher fans. I turned around and nodded my head when E was saying yes but now she is starting to dig on Travis Buck
http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=459941
This guy was like, yeah, I know those guys, they are great. "T" is a stud and will be a stud for a long time. Now it didn't quite register with us what this guy was saying. For all we knew, he could know these guys and it didn't dawn on us that he was an oakland A player as well.

We get our seats and we were chatting with a guy in front of us about the game and how wondefully exciting it ended. The guy was like, did you see Bobby Crosby in the airport. We were like no! Then as we relived the conversation with that guy and how he was asking about us being Swisher fans, etc that was indeed Bobby Crosby! Both us of were like DOH! i can't believe we didn't recognize who were talking to. As soon as we got home, we logged onto the A's website and looked up Crosby. Sure enough, it was him. DAMN!
http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=425853

1 comment:

Platinum Rose said...

OOPS!!!! That's a big slap your hand to your forehead moment haha. DOH! Glad you had such a good weekend though! And that's great Eli already has logged all those flight hours!